Belle Meade Bourbon Sherry Cask Finish
Our 9 Year-old Belle Meade Bourbon finished in Oloroso Sherry Casks, our first wood finish series release, represents the best of both old and new world whiskey making techniques as it's America's native spirit, Bourbon, that we have blended and finished like a fine Scotch.
We sampled and selected barrels from our Reserve stock and blended only the best in extremely small batches to create a Bourbon of exceptional character. We then aged this extraordinary blend of 9 year Bourbon in Oloroso Sherry casks, which had been used for 20 years in Sherry production, until perfection was achieved.
The final results are, to say the least, remarkable. Rich, intricate, and balanced, this Bourbon is one for the ages. There has never been a Bourbon like it and there will likely never be another.
Winner: Double Gold Medal and Best Special Barrel Finish Bourbon at the 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
Points Of Difference
- A proprietary blend of 9 year old barrels.
- The blend is then rested in used Oloroso Sherry casks to finish.
- High rye content (30% rye).
- 90.4 proof is the ideal sweet spot for depth of character.
- Never chill-filtered to retain maximum flavor.
- Nose: Sweet full notes of dried fruits mingle with caramel and floral notes.
- Palate: Dark, rich dried stone fruits follow by caramel, and Rye spice.
- Finish: Long and lingering, with touches of nuts, vanilla bread pudding, and spiced cocoa.